Tuesday, July 24, 2012

bits of business

I'm excited to tell you that Tara and I are gearing up for our 4th annual (!!!!) quilt retreat at Inn at City Park in Fort Collins, CO. This year I'll be teaching a scrap management workshop. (I can't wait!) The dates are November 9-11, 2012. The workshop will be limited to 12 students. You can read all the details here. Tara puts together a 'rockin' awesome' (to quote my 6 year old) retreat, so it should be a great weekend!
I also wanted to remind you that the deadline for the Project Hope blocks for Margaret's Hope Chest is July 30th...which is coming up very soon! If you have time to make a few blocks and send them along to MHC, it would be much appreciated. For those of you who have already helped and contributed, thank you SO MUCH! If you live in or around the Grand Rapids, Michigan area, save the date August 25th, 2012. MHC will be having a work party where we (that includes me!) will be sewing the blocks into quilt tops. It should be productive and fun! You can find a few more details here.

I've had a lot of people tell me how much they miss Finish It Up Friday. I'm planning on starting the series back up in the fall. I'm delighted that so many of you enjoyed the Friday Finishes so much. I happen to be drowning in WIP's, so I'll need the challenge myself. :)
I've added book plates to my shop. They will be signed by both Cheryl and myself and we will ship internationally. (A side note...it appears that Amazon FINALLY has our book back in stock. The books have been reprinted and are making their way into stores again, too. Yipee!)

I've finally added an upcoming events page to my blog. I've got lots coming up, so check it out! Some teaching stuff. Some trunk shows. Lots of fun!

On a personal note...my kids are gone this week and I have big sewing plans. I hope to even blog about my progress! Hee hee. Here's hoping!!!